Rambles Around Knitting Today and Yesterday

Rambles Around Knitting Today and Yesterday

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Royal Wedding Day Gifts in Swaledale handspun

Voila! The first few skeins of the second helping of my handspun Swaledale, almost ready for knitting into the Achill jacket - it just need winding into balls  before I can take it down to my sister Katharine (aka the Queen of Knitting). Hopefully she has been to busy to knit the first few ounces yet...these look a little better spun.

Despite her title I understand she has not been asked to the Palace on  the occasion of the marriage William and  Kate as the names could be confusing around the table and her title is one of repute rather than noble birth. But this is of no real concern as it has been arranged by her family for her to hold a royal wedding day party at the Croft. Barbecue and burgers, fun and games for forty. I'll take it with me but she will deserve a rest before she starts any knitting of this complexity.

Wooly Facade

No comments:

Post a Comment